Which Social Media Platforms Should I Use for My Business?
All businesses, no matter your size or your industry,¬†can use social media as an easy, free, effective marketing tool.¬† If you know your business needs to catch up with social media and find new ways to reach new customers and existing clients, then consider using these most popular social media platforms. Here are some of the benefits of using social media:
- Use social media sites to direct traffic to your main business website or online store.
- Advertise upcoming events, products and promotions.
- Network with other businesses and industry clients.
- As an added form of contact and customer service.
- Generate feedback and market¬†research.
- Form relationships with customers and other business owners.
- To show your business is well and truly in the 21st¬†Century and willing to meet your customer‚Äôs modern needs.
So which social media platform should you use? Let’s look at three of the most popular platforms:
After your business‚Äô own webpage, Facebook is the most popular way to maintain a web presence. If your business is looking to expand its client base, market a new product or advertise a local event, Facebook is a great way to reach your customers.
Facebook‚Äôs purpose as a social media tool has changed significantly in the past years. Initially, it was a peer network photo-sharing hub, best served for social, casual updates about life‚Äôs trivial things. But now in 2013, Facebook has grown to be a business-driven site. It is a free source of advertising, a great way to build your brand, communicate directly with customers, make regular updates and undertake quick marketing polls, questions and offers.
Twitter is a micro-blogging site – allowing you to share updates and links that are 140 characters or less. Twitter¬†is a tool best used for short announcements using keywords in the form of¬†hashtags. Use twitter for sending short updates, asking questions and for networking with other busienss owners. Add links to photos, websites and other social media in your tweets.
You Tube is a great tool to showcase your business in a short video clip, present your stock, or show a promotional advertisement. You Tube is international free TV, use it to your advantage!
Managing your social Media
Social media works best if it’s regularly updated and comments from clients are replied to¬†in a timely manner. But this can be hard for a busines owner to manage. Here are some tips for successfully using social media:
- Use online workflow management software (such as WorkflowMax)¬†to help you schedule updates and delegate social media tasks to other staff members.
- Add social media logos to your webpage as easy links for your users to follow to your accounts. As you open new social media accounts, add these announcements to your webpage and encourage users to follow you for promotional discounts.
- Always keep these accounts up to date to encourage confidence in your business and your brand.
Embrace what social media can do to grow your business. Ensure that a member of staff keeps an eye on these accounts, posts regularly, and responds to any questions your clients ask.